Psychology & Mental Health
Starts from just £39* a day
1- 52 week volunteer opportunities
Gain practical work experience | Make a difference
Apply and learn new skills in a real-life environment
Add valuable experience and skills to your CV
Why the Psychology Mental Health internship volunteer programme is for you
This is a unique volunteer work-experience opportunity for current university students, graduates and masters students studying Psychology, Mental Health or Social Work related subjects.
Career development programmes are also available for professionals already working in the area of Psychology, Mental Health or Social Work.
The Psychology, Mental Health or Social Work volunteer work experience programme is designed to give essential practical on-the-ground work experience to apply to degree related travel and career progression, while giving back to developing communities.
- Child development psychology and mental health issues
- Social psychology; develop and support with the best and safest ways to disclose HIV/AIDS, including education and information around child and teenage depression
- Development from infancy, using play therapy and art therapy techniques
- Work on and support with anger management workshops
- Understand and work with bereavement and grief caused by HIV/AIDS
- Society, politics and prejudice issues around developmental psychology
- Society, crime and the criminal Justice System
- Help develop and support with gratitude workshops and diaries
- Look at conflict resolution and develop skills training for residents
- Develop sexual boundaries and consequence practice.
- Working with residential mums and children on self reliance
During your stay you’ll be able to apply your research methodologies, gather insights and understand how people’s way of life has developed. In addition, you will deal with everyday cases that come in, as well as follow up with closed cases and community outreach programmes. where you’ll be involved as a supporting member of the team.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
✔︎ Accommodation – You will stay in a secure and dedicated volunteer cottage/room.
✔︎ Meals – You will eat with your host and residents and experience authentic local food.
✔︎ 30 + hours of interactive cross-cultural training and practice
✔︎ Certificate of Learning – proof this is not a holiday!
✔︎ 24/7 Support – We got you from the minute you commit, all the way through to completion.
✔︎Transportation – Airport drop off and collection. Plus all programme related transport (to and from partner NGOs and projects)
✔︎Experience of a lifetime – no exaggeration!
✔︎ Vocational Impact international development donation
✔︎ Weekends off for travel opportunities
THE VIP EXPERIENCE
We will tailor the internship volunteer programme around your needs, whether you’re interested in marketing, statistics, governance or a bit of everything, we will guide you through each step and make you feel like a VIP through the whole journey.
- A tailored overseas professional and student volunteer experience
- Comprehensive pre-trip preparation
- Accommodation in a private, catered house
- 24/7 in-country team to support you
- Airport pickup/drop off
Have a Question?
We have an extensive collection of answers prepared for you.
WHERE DO I START ?
Complete the below enquiry form, and we will send you tailored information and guide you through the application process. We will then arrange to speak with you so we can answer any last questions, and then it’s up to you to make the final decision and commit. We know it is a HUGE decision, but we are here for you every step of the way.