Medical, Nursing, Midwifery Electives
Join Our Medical Nursing Electives in 2023
1- 52 week volunteer opportunities
Gain practical work experience | Make a difference
Apply and learn new skills in a real-life environment
Add valuable experience and skills to your CV
Why the Medical Electives internship programme is right for you
We are unique in the way we work. We are a registered charity and therefore nonprofit, and invest 100% of our fees back into the communities we support. There are many companies operating in the nurse elective area, but we are the only one that is affordable and have been awarded as an ethical provider!
We cater for all nursing areas including; adult nursing, child nursing, mental health, midwifery, and disability.
We will support you from start to finish, and with everything in between. We got you!
KEY TASKS AND OBSERVATIONS
- Outpatients department and watching consultations
- Education for mums including breastfeeding and disease awareness
- Outreach in the community for those who couldn’t make it to the clinic or hospital
- Spending a day at the lab, where they test for Malaria
- HIV/AIDS awareness and treatment
- Taking babies vitals and weights and taking care of mothers
- Different cultural attitudes towards healthcare and patient care and treatment
- Religious beliefs and mental health affecting practise
- Patients access to basic treatment and how the system operates
- Extremely late presentations and advanced conditions
- Clinical experience in a new perspective and cultural environment
- Develop greater communication skills with patients
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
✔︎ Accommodation – You will stay in a secure and dedicated volunteer cottage/room.
✔︎ Meals – You will eat with your host and residents and experience authentic local food.
✔︎ 30 + hours of interactive cross-cultural training and practice
✔︎ Certificate of Learning – proof this is not a holiday!
✔︎ 24/7 Support – We got you from the minute you commit, all the way through to completion.
✔︎ Transportation – Airport drop off and collection. Plus all programme related transport (to and from partner NGOs and projects)
✔︎Experience of a lifetime – no exaggeration!
✔︎ Vocational Impact international development donation
✔︎ Weekends off for travel opportunities
THE VIP EXPERIENCE
We will tailor the internship volunteer programme around your needs, whether you’re interested in marketing, statistics, governance or a bit of everything, we will guide you through each step and make you feel like a VIP through the whole journey.
- A tailored overseas professional and student volunteer experience
- Comprehensive pre-trip preparation
- Accommodation in a private, catered house
- 24/7 in-country team to support you
- Airport pickup/drop off
General Medicine | OPD (outpatient department) | ER (Emergency room) | Labor ward & Antenatal | ENT (ear, nose, throat) | Dental | Eye clinic | NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) | Surgery/Theatre | Obstetrics and Gynaecology | Family planning and Maternal Health | Pediatrics | Recovery ward | X ray and Laboratory | Blood bank | Diabetic clinic | Other
*It is important to note that the facilities and resources on this project are extremely limited and provide a different working environment to what most medical students have experienced before.
Have a Question?
We have an extensive collection of answers prepared for you.
WHERE DO I START ?
Complete the below enquiry form, and we will send you tailored information and guide you through the application process. We will then arrange to speak with you so we can answer any last questions, and then it’s up to you to make the final decision and commit. We know it is a HUGE decision, but we are here for you every step of the way.