APPLICATION PROCESS | INTRODUCTION
The Vocational Impact application process has been designed to offer equal opportunities to all that apply for one of our volunteer abroad programmes.
We seek to ensure that no volunteer applicant is discriminated against, either directly or indirectly on such grounds as sex or sexuality, colour, creed, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital status, trade union activity, responsibility for dependants, political or religious beliefs.
We will endeavour to ensure that all actions and decisions affecting volunteer applicants are made on fair, objective grounds without personal prejudices or discrimination.
- We have a rigorous selection process. Those wishing to participate in a Vocational Impact volunteer programme need to first complete our online enquiry form, where we require you to select the specific programme you’d like to apply for and combine with your university degree or career development goals.
- Once this is completed you will be sent further information, and be invited to complete an application form. Once this is complete, if successful you will be invited to have an interview where a member of the Vocational Impact team will discuss your skills, motivations & expectation so we can recommend the best volunteer abroad programme for you and offer any variations.
- After the interview, Vocational Impact will decide if the applicant is suited for our programmes based on their interview. You maybe asked to provide an up-to-date CV/resume. We are led by the NGO partners we work with and their needs.
- We will then match the applicant to a relevant NGO project which has highlighted to Vocational Impact their specific needs, and that the applicant can fulfil.
- Once a student has passed our selection process, we send them an invitation with all the necessary information regarding their programme and how to confirm their spot. To confirm your place and secure the dates you want we require a £265 registration fee. This will then give you access to the next steps.
- We have a very stringent interview process to understand the mental health, and preparedness of each student volunteer, as well as pre-departure support, in-country and aftercare. We pride ourselves in the close relationships we build with each student. We have FB Groups of past students that have participated, and they can ask this network any questions they may have. We also encourage students to talk to their peers about their experience, and we receive the most applications through word-of-mouth.
- Once the registration fee is transferred you will have access to 24/7 support to prepare you for your trip. We will help you get everything ready from visas, to flights, to risk assessments. You will be introduced directly to the other volunteers you’ll travel and stay with, as well as well as the direct links to the projects.
Have a Question?
We have an extensive collection of answers prepared for you.