Customer Service and Sales Administration
Vocational Impact is a not-for-profit fundraising initiative, recruiting university students to attend work experience placements in Ghana, South Africa and India.
Purpose: Support customer experience through sales and business development to increase applications from university students by maintaining excellent customer service.
Minimum 10 hours per week @ £9 per hour
Planning / Strategy
- Log onboarding student data into Vocational Impact CRM system
- Support volunteer coordinator with preparing paperwork and essential documentation prior to student departure to VI project in Africa, India.
- Maintain internal CRM system
- Maintain and organise Vocational Impact customer filing system
- Following up with students about their placements and chasing for documentation.
- Prepare interview background checks ahead of interviews.
- Conduct occasional pre-departure checks, make final allocation ‘tweaks; and monitor progress of relationship.
- Converse any difficult questions from university partnerships or students back to relevant VI team member
- Book and support calendar events and interviews for VI team.
- Support Digital Manager with content preparation and editing online content
- Support report writing.
- Self-motivation is essential and regular updates and work log must be kept as this role is remote. Occasional face-to-face meetings (Petersfield)
Parameters for success
- Customers feel supported and all documentation is collected on time
- Support Partnership Manager with any documentation.
- Increase in activity on all social media channels
- New content uploaded and edited to present externally
- Support customer journey from conversion to pre-departure
- Support university partnerships
- Escalate development and improvement ideas to Director
- Participate In weekly meetings and keep an active work log
- Continuously question the status-quo and look for ways to improve; inspire colleagues to do the same
- Balance between big picture focus and getting your hands dirty
- Share information and identify best practices openly with colleagues
- Identify challenges/problem areas and present solutions
- Spread positive energy and make the workplace a fun environment
- Customers (Volunteers/students)
- Social Media users
Marketing and sales experience desirable, but all training will be given
Must be proficient with a computer, Google, G drive and the internet in general.
You may be required to participate in university shows and talks.
Please send cover letter and CV stating why you would want to join us. We look forward to hearing from you. Email email@example.com with any questions and documentation for consideration for the above role.