Psychology & Mental Health
Practical Impactful Volunteer Work Experience
Starts from just £39* a day
1 week – 52 week volunteer opportunities
Learn new skills in a real-life setting
Add valuable work experience to your CV
Your Psychology Mental Health Volunteer Programme Placement
This is a unique volunteer work-experience opportunity for current university students, graduates and masters students studying Psychology, Mental Health or Social Work related subjects.
The Psychology Mental Health volunteer work experience placement is designed to give essential practical on-the-ground work experience to apply to degree related travel and career progression, while giving back to developing communities.
- Child development psychology and mental health issues
- Social psychology; develop and support with the best and safest ways to disclose HIV/AIDS, including education and information around child and teenage depression
- Development from infancy, using play therapy and art therapy techniques
- Work on and support with anger management workshops
- Understand and work with bereavement and grief caused by HIV/AIDS
- Society, politics and prejudice issues around developmental psychology
- Help develop and support with gratitude workshops and diaries
- Look at conflict resolution and develop skills training for residents
- Develop sexual boundaries and consequence practice.
- Working with residential mums and children on self reliance
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
✔︎ Accommodation – You will stay in a secure and dedicated volunteer cottage/room.
✔︎ Meals – You will eat with your host and residents and experience authentic local food.
✔︎ 30 + hours of interactive cross-cultural training and practice
✔︎ Certificate of Learning – proof this is not a holiday!
✔︎ 24/7 Support – We got you from the minute you commit, all the way through to completion.
✔︎ Transportation – Airport drop off and collection. Plus all programme related transport (to and from partner NGOs and projects)
✔︎ Experience of a lifetime – no exaggeration!
✔︎ Vocational Impact international development donation
✔︎ Weekends off for travel opportunities
Psychology & Mental Health in Ghana – This is a very unique placement, where you will work alongside local mental health nurses, social workers and community outreach mental health programmes to collect data and feed into the current development of psychology and mental health access in Ghana. You will work with a number of different organisations, and gain clinic and community experience to give you a wide range of understanding.
Psychology & Mental Health in India – Not only will you get to explore the magical country that is India, with all it’s vibrancy and cultural diversity, you will also gain insight into a complex psychology and mental health landscape, where physical and mental health needs collide and poverty underpins deep rooted psychological needs.
Psychology & Mental Health in South Africa – Working with an international charity supporting mums and children affected by HIV in Johannesburg, you’ll work directly with the residents to support their development and psychological needs. Using a mixture of play-therapy, art-therapy and workshops you will help and support this fast-paced chairty. During your stay you will visit partner NGOs to give you a broad understanding of how this complex country tackles some challenging mental health issues.
THE VIP EXPERIENCE
We will tailor the internship volunteer programme around your needs, whether you’re interested in marketing, statistics, governance or a bit of everything, we will guide you through each step and make you feel like a VIP through the whole journey.
- A tailored overseas professional and student volunteer experience
- Comprehensive pre-trip preparation
- Accommodation in a private, catered house
- 24/7 in-country team to support you
- Airport pickup/drop off
Have a Question?
We have an extensive collection of answers prepared for you.
WHERE DO I START ?
Complete the below enquiry form, and we will send you tailored information and guide you through the application process. We will then arrange to speak with you so we can answer any last questions, and then it’s up to you to make the final decision and commit. We know it is a HUGE decision, but we are here for you every step of the way.